18 December 2011

Yorkshire Sculpture Park

Fox Print by Donna Wilson

Beardy Man Plate by Donna Wilson

Jauma Plensa, photo by LT

Jauma Plensa, photo by LT

I visited the Yorkshire Sculpture Park on Friday for a work event. We had a couple of hours to explore the grounds, galleries & shops. It was a cold crisp day and we had the place to ourselves. I started off viewing the Donna Wilson Exhibition - Donna is an award winning designer who's range consists of quirky knitted characters and silly illustrations. I've added a couple of my favorites at the top. The second exhibition, in the Underground Gallery & outside in the grounds was by artist Jauma Plensa, his work includes large sculptures in the landscapes & a curtain of poetry ( photo above taken by myself). His work is very tactile and encourages interaction. The hot chocolate in the cafe was also worth the visit.