16 May 2012

Print for Love of Wood

Something Blue Wedding Letterpress Print Image from Etsy page £15
Vintage Bake More Cake Letterpress Print Sky Blue. Image from Etsy page £15
I spotted Print for Love of Wood at the Saltaire Arts Trail a couple of weeks. The owner's, Jacqui Sharples, stand really caught my eye as I wandered through the crowded venue. She had brought along a press and displayed her pieces in old suitcase, there was a very vintage / make do feeling about it all. I really like letterpress and the quality it can give to an image or piece of type. I love the textures it leaves on different boards and the colours look amazing. I've post a couple of pieces that I loved on the day and you can purchase them via her etsy shop, they are really reasonable for prints, great ideas for gifts, especially for wedding season approaching.